Terms 1 and 4 (Summer)
Rowing is one of the premier summer sports at College. The boys train at various locations across Canterbury and, when in Christchurch, are expected to bike to Kerr’s Reach from College each training day.
College competes in a number of club, inter-school and national rowing regattas throughout the year. The highlight of the year is the Maadi Cup, which is the pinnacle of secondary school rowing.
There is an expectation that parents of rowers will get involved in the day-to-day organisation of the club – including helping with transporting equipment, preparing meals, supervising the boys at camp, and more.
Rowing is an option for Year 9 students during Term 4, NOT Term 1.
Master-in-Charge: Henry Smith – h......@christscollege.com
Venue: Kerr's Reach, Selwyn River, Lake Hood and Twizel
Training: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Uniform: White rowing vest, black rugby shorts and socks
- SISS Championships – four South Island titles including U18 Eight title
- Guy Chaffey and Tom Tothill named in Rowing NZ Junior Trial Squad
- SISS Championships – three South Island titles, three silver medals
- NZSS Championships – two national titles (U16 Eight, U16 Four), four silver (Maadi Cup U18 Eight), two bronze
- NZSS Championships – Maadi Cup winners (U18 Eight), plus four other national titles (U15 Octuple, U16 Eight, U16 Four, U17 Eight)
- NZSS Championships – Maadi Cup runners-up
- Old Boy Sam Bosworth coxswain for the NZ Women's Eight
- NZSS Championships – Maadi Cup and Springbok Trophy winners