Meet our Careers Advisor
Every boy at College will, at some stage, meet with Careers Advisor Chris Sellars to discuss life beyond school. Chris has a trove of resources and tools to help students make informed decisions about what they want to do next.
Chris believes his role is not so much to advise on specific careers, but to introduce different ideas and possibilities, listen to what the boys are thinking, and help students get to a place where they can be confident they are making the right choice.
“I’m teaching them a process and it’s the process that’s important. If they come to know themselves, understand their interests and values, gather information about the different options available, they can be trusted to make good decisions.”
The Careers Advisor is available to give advice on career options and study pathways. He works with boys either in groups or individually. It is never too early to seek careers advice. All boys should be encouraged to think about life beyond the school gates.
- individual career counselling
- after career interviews with boys, liaising with parents
- arranging visits to the Careers Expo
- arranging visits to College by guest speakers
- arranging visits to College by tertiary education providers
- arranging visits to open days at tertiary education institutes
- providing up-to-date curriculum information from tertiary education providers
- providing information on student loans and allowances, university hostels and applications
- running career awareness programmes for Years 9–10
- running a tutor programme for Years 12–13
- organising work experience opportunities
- publishing careers information in In Black & White
If you are looking for the latest news on upcoming jobs and events, head over to the CareerWise website.
For more information, contact: