Terms 1 and 4 (Summer)
Rowing is one of the premier summer sports at College. The boys train at various locations across Canterbury and, when in Christchurch, are expected to bike to Kerr’s Reach from College each training day.
College competes in several club, inter-school and national rowing regattas throughout the year. The highlight is the Maadi Cup, the pinnacle of secondary school rowing.
There is an expectation that parents of rowers will get involved in the day-to-day organisation of the club, including helping with transporting equipment, preparing meals, supervising the boys at camp, and more.
Rowing is an option for Year 9 students during Term 4, NOT Term 1.
Master-in-Charge: Henry Smith – Venue: Kerrs Reach, Selwyn River, Lake Hood and Twizel
Training: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Uniform: White rowing vest, black rugby shorts and socks
- NZSS Championships – Maddi Cup Fourth Place (U18 Eight), 1 Gold (U15 Octuple),1 silver (U18 Pair), 1 Bronze (U16 Eight)
- SISS 1 Gold (U15 Octuple) 2 Silver (Under 18 four and Under 16 Eight) 2 Bronze(Under 17 eight and an Under 18 Eight)
- NZSS Championships – Maddi Cup runners up (U18 Eight), 1 silver (U17 Eight)
- SISS Championships – one South Island title, 6 silver and 1 bronze
- NZSS Championships – Maadi Cup winner (U18 Eight), 2 silver (U16 & U17 Eight) and 3 bronze (U16, U17, U18 Four)