Terms 1 and 4 (Summer)
Rowing is one of the premier summer sports at College. The boys train at various locations across Canterbury and, when in Christchurch, are expected to bike to Kerr’s Reach from College each training day.
College competes in several club, inter-school and national rowing regattas throughout the year. The highlight is the Maadi Cup, the pinnacle of secondary school rowing.
There is an expectation that parents of rowers will get involved in the day-to-day organisation of the club, including helping with transporting equipment, preparing meals, supervising the boys at camp, and more.
Rowing is an option for Year 9 students during Term 4, NOT Term 1.
Master-in-Charge: Henry Smith – Venue: Kerr's Reach, Selwyn River, Lake Hood and Twizel
Training: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Uniform: White rowing vest, black rugby shorts and socks
- NZSS Championships – Maadi Cup winner (U18 eight), 2 silver (U16 & U17 eight) and 3 bronze (U16, U17, U18 fours)
- SISS Championships – four South Island titles, including U18 Eight title
- Guy Chaffey and Tom Tothill named in Rowing NZ Junior Trial Squad
- SISS Championships – three South Island titles, 3 silver medals
- NZSS Championships – two national titles (U16 Eight, U16 Four), 4 silver (Maadi Cup U18 Eight), 2 bronze
- NZSS Championships – Maadi Cup winners (U18 Eight), plus four other national titles (U15 Octuple, U16 Eight, U16 Four, U17 Eight)
- NZSS Championships – Maadi Cup runner up
- Old Boy Sam Bosworth coxswain for the NZ Women's Eight
- NZSS Championships – Maadi Cup and Springbok Trophy winners