Terms 1 and 4 (Summer)
Swimmers are divided into groups, depending on ability. Beginners work in small groups, with a generous teacher-to-pupil ratio, and quickly learn how to swim.
Swimming is one of our most popular interhouse competitions. Heats take place at lunchtime and after school in the first week of Term 1, with College swimming championships taking place early in Term 1.
College’s top swimmers compete in the Canterbury Secondary Schools’ Swimming Championships and also South Island and national events. As members of swimming clubs, College swimmers also compete in local, regional and national age-group events.
Training: Monday, Wednesday
Uniform: College black speedos or trunks
- CSS Swimming Championships - 6 individual titles and 10 other podium finishes
- Jordan Astley member of the title winning 17-18 years 4 x 100m Freestyle relay at NZ Age Group Championships
- Rylind Wheeler - third place in both the 14 years 50m and 100m Breaststroke at NZ Age Group Championships
- CSS Swimming Championships - 6 individual titles and 7 other podium finishes
- Jordan Astley - bronze at NZ Age group champs in U16 1500m freestyle
- SISS Champs - Rylind Wheeler - 3 U14 titles, 1 silver and 2 bronze
- Rylind Wheeler third place in the 13 years 200m Breaststroke at NZ Age Group Championships
- CSS Swimming Championships – 7 individual titles, 2 relay titles (both records) and 6 other podium finishes
- CSS Swimming Championships – 5 Canterbury titles, 2 seconds, 5 thirds
- Louis Clark – winner of the NZSS Open Water Championship
- NZSS Swimming Championships – James Currie – national title, boys 15 year, 100m and 200m breaststroke, 2 silver, 1 bronze