Terms 1 and 4 (Summer)
Swimmers are divided into groups, depending on ability. Beginners work in small groups, with a generous teacher-to-pupil ratio, and quickly learn how to swim.
Swimming is one of our most popular interhouse competitions. Heats take place at lunchtime and after school in the first week of Term 1, with College swimming championships taking place early in Term 1.
College’s top swimmers compete in the Canterbury Secondary Schools Swimming Championships and also South Island and national events. As members of swimming clubs, College swimmers also compete in local, regional and national age-group events.
Training: Wednesday, Thursday
Uniform: College black speedos or trunks
- CSS Swimming Championships – six individual titles and 10 other podium finishes
- Winner 17–18 years 4x100m Freestyle relay at NZ Age Group Championships
- Third place in both the 14 years 50m and 100m Breaststroke at NZ Age Group Championships
- CSS Swimming Championships – six individual titles and seven other podium finishes
- Bronze at NZ Age group champs in U16 1500m freestyle
- SISS Champs – three U14 titles, one silver and two bronze
- 3rd place in the 13 years 200m Breaststroke at NZ Age Group Championships
- CSS Swimming Championships – seven individual titles, two relay titles (both records) and six other podium finishes