Terms 2 and 3 (Winter)
Students practice at the Waihora Gun Club, Motukarara. Boys are transported to the venue by parents and staff.
College shooters participate in several inter-school and club competitions, both local and national. The key competitions are the Canterbury inter-school shoots, North and South Island school shoots and National school shoot
An interhouse competition takes place in Term 4.
Shooting is initially an optional activity outside the normal sports programme. Boys can then be asked to join the winter shooting group which is a part of the College sporting programme.
Training: Wednesday, Thursday
- Canterbury Schools Competition – 2nd place
- SISS Clay Target Championships – Henry Lassen 1st Junior Single Rise, and 3rd Overall
- NZSS Clay Target Championships – Henry Lassen 1st Junior Single Rise
- NZSS Championships – George Nehoff selected for South Island Skeet team vs North Island
- NZSS Championships – Connor Graham selected for the Canterbury regional team that won nationals – top Canterbury shooter
- NISS Championships – Connor Graham and Henry Lassen – skeet team champions