Welcome to SchoolTV, our wellbeing platform.
As part of our commitment to student wellbeing, College has subscribed to SchoolTV, an online resource providing access to a wide range of information on many different issues.
Although produced in Australia, the issues raised and resources available on SchoolTV are of universal interest. It is ideal for parents and young people who are looking for clear, relevant and fact-based information about health and wellbeing.
SchoolTV is the brainchild of renowned child and adolescent psychologist Dr Michael Carr-Gregg. It brings together interviews with leading specialists, articles, fact sheets and videos, and provides links to resources, books, apps and websites relating to the featured topic.
Please note, when SchoolTV refers to Year 12 students, it is referring to students in their final year of secondary school, equivalent to our Year 13.
- Teens Need More Sleep Than You Think
- Why do we sleep?
- Kids’ Sleep A Key Indicator Of Wellbeing
- Managing Homesickness
- Understanding Adolescence
- Friendship & Belonging
- Managing Overwhelm
- Eating Disorders
- Raising Boys
- Wellbeing Check List
- Riding the Corona Coaster
- Happiness & Gratitude
- Coronavirus – The transition back
- Coronavirus – A guide for parents
- Preparing for Homeschooling
- School Transitions
- Exam Jitters
- E-cigarettes and Vaping
- Parenting Styles
- Grief & Loss
- Christchurch attacks
- Online Pornography
- Smartphones in schools
- Exam Jitters
- Suicide & Self Harm
- Physical Activity & Exercise
- 13 Reasons Why - A Special Report
- Social media and digital reputation