No surprises, peace of mind
At College, every effort is made to ensure our fees reflect good value for money without compromising our commitment to deliver a high-quality educational experience.
College fees are all-inclusive. Other independent schools add a monthly disbursement to their base fees. These relate to all sorts of costs such as learning support, gifted and talented extension programmes, textbooks, classroom workbooks, camp costs, sports club fees, entry and competition fees, transport charges, NCEA fees, House and school activity charges, and more.
At Christ’s College, you know what to expect and can enjoy peace of mind.
Domestic Student Fees 2021 (GST incl)
|Acceptance fee||$1,800 (this fee confirms your enrolment place at Christ's College and provides your son with the benefits of a lifetime membership of the Christ’s College Old Boys’ Association)|
|Annual tuition fee||$28,500 (includes Heritage and Building Levy)|
|Annual boarding fee||$18,000|
Our fees cover all compulsory costs associated with attending College, including:
Heritage and Building Levy
- Charged per family
- All NZQA fees
- Learning enhancement (support and extension programmes)
- Curriculum-based excursions
- Entry fees to competitions and registrations
- Classroom workbooks
- Art materials
- Workshop technology materials
- Pastoral care
- House activities
- House levies
- House and individual photographs
- Prefects' photograph
- Year 13 leavers' photograph
- Year 13 Founders’ Dinner
- Co-curricular activities
- Sports participation fees
- Coaching costs
- Outdoor Education camp costs
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award programme entry costs
- Parents’ Association levy to fund specific co-curricular programmes – for example, House Music at the Town Hall and SchoolTV
- Character & Leadership
- Year 10 Immerse & Inspire – a four-week residential programme for Year 10 students
- Year 11 Wellbeing Conference – a focus on how to handle the academic and social pressures students in this year group may be starting to face
- Year 12 Leadership Day – a conference and workshops where Year 12 students learn about leadership and have the opportunity to think about the type of leader they wish to become
- Mandatory additional costs (not included in the fees)
- Uniforms and sports clothing
- Personal items
- Register magazine
- Whole school photo (every five years)
- Team, group and additional photographs
- Costs incurred for trips outside the Canterbury region – please note, College contributes up to 25% of national travel and accommodation costs for boys representing the school at sports, academic or cultural events
- Opt-in additional costs
Significant material costs in technology classes
Elective options – such as private music tuition, instrumental music, speech and drama tuition, dayboy lunches, tickets for dances, balls or the semi-formal
Optional co-curricular activities and tours
Exceptional specific co-curricular activity costs acknowledged at point of selection
Annual House dinner
Year 13 Leavers' Function at the Wigram Airforce Museum
Year 13 Leavers' merchandise
Fees are payable in 10 monthly instalments from February to November. All fee payers are required to provide a direct debit authority for the collection of fees on the 20th of the month. Should you wish to pay by alternative means (online bank payments or credit/debit card), provided that your outstanding balance is paid in full prior to the 20th of the month, the direct debit will not run on your account.
Fees protection scheme
Christ's College has in place, without cost to parents, a scheme to ensure the continued education of a boy who is a pupil at College, in the event of the death of a nominated fee-paying parent. Further information is provided once a place has been offered and accepted.
In order to be eligible for any refund, the parents must apply in writing to the Executive Principal, stating the reasons for withdrawal from the course of study.
- If notice of cancellation is received in writing two weeks before the commencement of the course, full tuition fees and boarding fees will be refunded, less:
- NZ$250 enrolment fee
- NZ$1,800 administration fee
- If the parents wish to cancel the student’s further study after the course has commenced, tuition fees for the current school term plus one subsequent term’s fees will be retained.
- No refund when enrolment is withdrawn by the school.
- When the passport status has been changed to permanent residence or work visa status, tuition fees for the current school term plus one subsequent term’s fees will be retained.
Consider your son's future
For more information, download your free prospectus today. Or to see College as your son might, feel free to book a complimentary tour at your convenience.