Domestic Student Fees 2018
- Enrolment fee $200
- Acceptance fee $1,150 — payable once a place is offered
- Annual tuition fee $24,325
- Annual boarding fee $16,300
Our tuition fees cover all compulsory curricular and co-curricular costs.
Additional items covered in the fees include:
- All NZQA fees
- Year 13 Founders’ Dinner and Leavers' Lunch
- Learning enhancement (support and extension)
- Curriculum based excursions
- House levies
- Camp costs
- Entry fees to competitions and registrations
- Sports fees
- Year 12 Leadership Day
- Year 10 Immerse and Inspire programme
- Te Ao Maori programme for Years 9 and 10
- House and individual photographs
Excluded items include:
- All uniforms and sports clothing
- Teams, group, and additional photos
- Personal items and elective options such as instrumental music, speech and drama tuition, dayboy lunches, attendance at functions such as dances, balls, etc.
- Major prefabricated components and extraordinary materials costs in Years 11–13 technology classes
- Travel, food and accommodation costs for trips beyond Canterbury. College will continue to subsidise such trips to the level of 25% for boys representing the school in sport, academic or cultural events and the fund for excellence will continue to support exceptional and extraordinary students who may be representing College nationally or internationally
Fees are payable in ten monthly instalments from February to November. Fees are collected by direct debit from your nominated account on the 20th of the month. Should you wish to pay by alternative means (online bank payments or credit/debit card), provided that your outstanding balance is paid in full prior to the 20th of the month, the direct debit will not run on your account.
Fees Protection Scheme
The College has in place, without cost to parents, a scheme to ensure the continued education of a boy who is a pupil at College, in the event of the death of a nominated fee-paying parent. Further information is provided once a place has been offered and accepted.
(a) The total cost of tuition must be paid in full. Once payment has been made in full a Letter of Fees Receipt and Official Offer of Place will be issued.
In order to be eligible for any refund the parents must apply in writing to the Executive Principal, stating the reasons for withdrawal from the course of study.
- If notice of cancellation is received in writing two weeks before the commencement of the course, full tuition fees and boarding fees will be refunded, less:
- NZ$200 enrolment fee
- NZ$1,500 administration fee
- If the parents wish to cancel the student’s further study after the course has commenced, tuition fees for the current school term plus one subsequent term’s fees will be retained.
- No refund when enrolment is withdrawn by the school.
- When the passport status has been changed to permanent residence or work visa status, tuition fees for the current school term plus one subsequent term’s fees will be retained.