Terms 2 and 3 (Winter)
Boys who participate in this sport train three nights a week and participate in interclub competitions on Saturdays. Boys will join and train with the Papanui Toc H Club under the guidance of Graeme Christey.
All students represent their House in the school cross country. This will take place at the start of Term 2. The course is around North Hagley Park and includes jumps. The age divisions for cross country are the same as for athletics.
Students can represent Christ’s College in the Canterbury Secondary School Cross Country and Road Race championships and national cross country events which are held in Term 2.
Master-in-Charge: Graeme Christey – g........@christscollege.com
Venue: Various running venues
Training: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
Uniform: College singlet, black shorts and College track suit
- CSS Road Race – Sam Idiens 2nd in U16 grade, other top 10 finishes
- CSS X-Country – Sam Idiens 2nd in U16 grade, other top 10 finishes
- NZSS X-Country – Sam Idiens 1st in Junior Boys grade and 3rd in Canterbury Regional relay team
- CSS Road Race – Jasper Moss 3rd AWD
- CSS X-Country – Jasper Moss 1st AWD
- NZSS X-Country – Jasper Moss 1st CP AWD, Dion Houston 2nd in Canterbury Regional relay team
- Dion Houston represented New Zealand at the World Junior champs in Paris in April