A weekly compulsory sports programme operates for boys in all year groups. The emphasis is on development of the skills required for their chosen sport, plus expectations and notions of fair play.
Sports practices are scheduled into the weekly school routine on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Some teams may practice on other days and times depending on the availability of facilities.
Sports skills are enhanced as students are introduced to a wider selection of sports. At all levels, academic staff and/or specialist professional coaches supervise teams and individuals.
There are many roles that the co-curricular activities of sport fulfil, some of which are:
- to develop team style activities that will help boys to develop discipline both on and off the field
- to attain and enhance skills in particular sports
- to represent College in interschool sport
- to develop physically and socially
- to learn how to be a part of a group effort
- to have meaningful contact with teachers in an informal situation
- to enable students, parents and teachers to meet and work together
- to learn to win with humility, and when a loss is experienced, to lose with a sense of dignity