Search Search Menu

History of Giving

Throughout its history, College has benefited from the generosity of hundreds of benefactors. In 1851, Mrs Maria Somes gave College its first gift, endowing land and the Somes scholarships in memory of her late husband Joseph. Since then, some of our most loved and most used buildings – including the Chapel – could not have been built without the support of the College community. Our Development team has put together a short series of videos detailing College’s history of giving. Part 1: 1850–1900, Part 2: 1900–1950 and Part 3: 19501980 are available now. 


Search website