Terms 2 and 3 (Winter)
Boys train three nights a week and participate in interclub competitions on Saturdays. Boys join – and train with – the Papanui Toc H Club, under the guidance of Graeme Christey.
All students represent their House in the school cross country on the last Monday of Term 3. The North Hagley Park course includes jumps. The age divisions for cross country are the same as for athletics.
Students can represent Christ’s College in the Canterbury Secondary Schools Cross Country and Road Race championships and national cross country events in Term 2.
Master-in-Charge: Graeme Christey – Venue: Various running venues
Training: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
Uniform: College singlet, black shorts and College tracksuit
- NZSS X-country – Japer Moss – 1st in 2km AWD event
- NZSS X-country – Otto Church – 6th in the Year 9 event, 3rd in the Year 9 team relay event representing Canterbury
- CSS Road Race – Jasper Moss 1st 2km AWD, Otto Church 1st Year 9
- Jasper Moss – 1st in 2km AWD event at the NZSS Cross Country Championships
- Matty Hickman – 1st in U16 CSS Road Race 3km event
- CSS Road Race – Sam Idiens 2nd in U16 grade, other top 10 finishes
- CSS X-Country – Sam Idiens 2nd in U16 grade, other top 10 finishes
- NZSS X-Country – Sam Idiens 1st in Junior Boys grade and 3rd in Canterbury Regional relay team
- CSS Road Race – Jasper Moss 3rd AWD
- CSS X-Country – Jasper Moss 1st AWD
- NZSS X-Country – Jasper Moss 1st CP AWD, Dion Houston 2nd in Canterbury Regional relay team
- Dion Houston represented New Zealand at the World Junior Championships in Paris in April